- Meeting scheduled December 4, 2014 in Washington DC. Click here to register to attend.
- FICEMS Adopts Position Statement to Help Ease Transition of Military Veterans to Civilian EMS.
- FICEMS Asks National EMS Advisory Council to Assist with Strategic Plan Implementation.
- FICEMS releases collaborative action plan to further support EMS nationwide.
FICEMS was established in 2005 by the US Department of Transportation Reauthorization, Public Law 109-59 (Section 10202), to ensure coordination among Federal agencies involved with State, local, tribal, and regional emergency medical services and 9-1-1 systems.
NHTSA, in cooperation with the Heath Resources and Services Administration and the Assistant Secretary of Health Affairs at the Department of Homeland Security, provide administrative support to the Interagency Committee, including scheduling meetings, setting agendas, keeping minutes and records, and producing reports.
FICEMS employs a Technical Working Group (TWG) comprised of interagency staff-level employees who met monthly to provide support to several ongoing EMS projects. The TWG has six standing committees, each with two-year work plans that help guide the efforts of FICEMS.
For more information on FICEMS, its working group, and its ongoing projects, please contact Drew Dawson at the NHTSA Office of EMS.
Meeting Minutes and Materials
|June 2009||Dec 2008
FICEMS Annual Reports to Congress
Other Reports and Publications
- State EMS System Pandemic Influenza Preparedness – A Report of the FICEMS
- 2011 National EMS Assessment: EMS System Demographics (Research Note)
- 2011 National EMS Assessment (Full Report)
- FICEMS Position Statement on Safety and Health
- Executive Summary of the March 2010 FICEMS National EMS Stakeholder Meeting
- National Implementation of the Model Uniform Core Criteria (MUCC) for Mass Casualty Incident Triage